Develop an ability to identify, describe,
compare, and contrast artworks to develop a
1. Identify and describe characteristics of
artworks and the environment (or the world
2. Compare and contrast artworks, objects and
3. Recognize characteristics that are alike and
different among objects, environments, and art works.
Demonstrate an ability to communicate visually
using a variety of tools, techniques, formal
qualities of art, and schema.
1. Use a variety of tools and techniques to
apply the formal qualities of art.
2. Develop and use personal schema in a
series of art-making experiences.
3. Describe and apply the formal qualities of
4. Incorporate schema into a compositional
5. Use strategies in making art that draw upon
memory, observation, imagination, and