Develop the ability to make artistic choices that
are reflective and informed.
1. Use art vocabulary to describe visual
relationships within artworks and in one’s
2. Reflect upon the work of master artists and
select ideas to communicate personal
meaning in a work of art.
3. Apply an understanding of visual
relationships in a composition or art object.
Follows visual, oral, and written directions
to solve a visual art problem.
Develop a personal strategy to solve an art
problem in a meaningful way.
1. Use the combination of personal
experiences and observation to add detail
and signify importance within an artwork.
2. Combine knowledge of materials and
technical processes to make informed
personal decisions in the art making
3. Sketches preliminary ideas.
4. Develops visual solutions using the formal
qualities of art to achieve a design
5. Develop compositions that include